One Special Project Grant of up to $10,000 may be awarded each fiscal year (July 1 through June 30). Awards are made at the discretion of the CCCVB Selection Committe and, based on the number and quality of applications received, the Committee may choose not to fund a project in any given year. Applications are accepted on April 1 and October 1. (If those dates fall on a weekend, applications will be due on the following Tuesday.) If the full $10,000 in grant funds is not awarded within a fiscal year, that money will be carried forward into the next fiscal year. All funds awarded must be used within 12 month of the award date. Application details are as follows:
Application deadline: Applications are accepted on April 1 and October 1. If either of those dates fall on a weekend, applications will be due on the following Tuesday.
Application format: Application narrative and budget pages should be submitted in 12 point font and with 1” margins. The application form is available on the CCCVB website at exploreclaycounty.org
Application review:The CCCVB Selection Committee will review the applications which have been duly submitted and funding decisions will be made within the month applications are received.
Funding notification: Award notification will be made in writing no laterthan May 1 and November 1.
1. Completeness of the application and degree to which the grant criteria are addressed will be top priorities.
2. Eligible applicants will include any business, organization, governmental entity or individual who plans to pursue a substantial project within Clay County.
3. Written notification of award will be made no later than May 1 and November 1. Funds must be expended within 12 months of the award date.
4. An itemized project budget is required. This is not the organization/company budget; rather the CCCVB Selection Committee requires an itemized budget for the proposed project for which funds are requested.
5. The CCCVB Selection Committee reserves the right to adjust funding requests.
6. The CCCVB requires of all grantees a follow-up report at the projects's conclusion as to accountability of funds spent, and a report on the project's outcome. This follow-up report must be received from grantees within60 daysof the conclusion of the project.
7. Eligible projects include, but are not limited to: Brick and mortar expansion or new facility construction, equipment purchases, or recreation facility improvements that are designed to attract visitors from both within and outside of Clay County. Ideally, the project will reinforce Clay County as a tourist destinationand will serve a large segment of the population or contribute to the County's quality of life.
8. Non-eligible activitiesinclude on-going operations expenses of the business or organization applying or sustaining of the project after start-up funds are provided.
9. The CCCVB requires grant recipients to recognize the CCCVB Special Projects Grant Program in an appropriate manner when possible (for example: organizational brochure, newsletters, media coverage, event programs, etc.)
10. In making the awards, the CCCVB shall take into consideration the following factors:
a. Evidence of need
b. Expected outcomes of the project and the impact on the county
c. Sources of funding or support available to the proposed project
d. Capability of applicant to manage the funds and successfully complete the project
e. The degree to which this award will leverage existing financial resources or accesses support from other sources
f. The degree to which this project could be accomplished without grant revenue or with partial grant funding
Applicant should submit the original application and 9 copies no later than 4:00 pm on April 1or October 1 to the CCCVB Office in the Clay County Heritage Center. One copy of additional supporting materials may be submitted with the original application. This would include anything that might provide more detailed information on specific items included in the application narrative.
Scoring for sections of application is as follows:
1. Purpose –15 points.
2. Expected Outcomes –15 points
3. Timeline/Activities –10 points
4. Budget –10 points